We are seeking an Assistant to work with in the Company’s PR and Marketing department on projects including, but not limited to, the Horse of the Year Show and the British Open Show Jumping Championships.
The Applicant will be principally based at the Company’s Head Office located in Harpenden (Hertfordshire). However, during each of the events, the applicant will be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company), to be based at the host venue of the event. This currently involves staying at the NEC (Birmingham) for one week in April and one week in October each year.
• A graduate with at least one year’s experience working in the Marketing/PR industry
• Computer literate – use of MS Word and Excel essential
• The ability to work within a team environment as well as being able to use own initiative
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Flexible approach to work
• Good time keeping essential
• The ability to “think outside the box”
• An understanding of the Equine industry, whilst not imperative, would be beneficial to the candidate.
• Generally supporting the Marketing Department with various duties including:
- Organising Competitions & Promotions
- Design & Printing
- Press Accreditation
- Website & Social Media Profile Maintenance
• Distribution of Marketing Literature
• Drafting Press Releases & Editorial Copy
• Handling telephone and email enquiries from the press and public
• Database Management
• Proof reading
• Assisting in the production of the official programme
• General Administration
Tasks at an event:
• To assist in the set up and management of the Event Press Office
• Monitoring the activity of TV and radio crews on site
• Ensuring that accredited press sign in and out
• Answering enquiries from press and other accredited guests
• Distributing results
• Obtaining riders for interviews with members of the press
• Generally generating press coverage for the Event
Hours of Work:
• Monday-Friday inclusive 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
• Working at the events may require a minimum of 8 weekend days
• The applicant must understand the requirement for extra hours (within the basic salary contract) both prior to and during the Events.
• Starting salary from £17,500 per annum (dependant on experience).
If you are interested in the position, please apply with your CV clearly detailing all qualifications together with a covering letter detailing why you feel are suitable for the role to email@example.com. Please quote reference “MAV” on all communication.
Deadline: 6th June 2010